- 3 bell peppers
- 1 large onion
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1½ lbs (750 g) chicken tenderloins
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Three Onion Rub
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Garlic Rub
- 1 pkg (8 oz. / 250 g) white button mushrooms
- 2–3 garlic cloves
- 1 jar (24 oz. or 650 mL) marinara sauce (high-quality sauce like Rao’s)
- 1 box (15 oz./454 g) mezze or regular penne pasta
- 32 oz. (1 L) chicken or vegetable broth
- Optional: Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley
- Use the Quick Slice to slice the peppers into strips. Use the Chef’s Knife to slice the onion.
- Set the Quick Cooker to SEAR press START. Heat the oil in the inner pot for 3 minutes. Season the chicken with the rubs and set aside.
- Add the peppers and onions and cook uncovered for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Slice the mushrooms with the Quick Slice.
- Use the Garlic Press to press the garlic into the pot and add to the vegetables. Press CANCEL.
- Place the chicken on top of the vegetables, then add the mushrooms and sauce. Lock the lid and select the CUSTOM setting. Adjust the time to 6 minutes and press START.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the pasta. Combine the pasta and broth in the Rockcrok® Dutch Oven. Microwave, covered on HIGH for 16–17 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking. Drain any excess liquid.
- When the time is up, press CANCEL. Press the steam-release button to manually release the pressure.
- Add the pasta to the Large Serving Bowl. Top with the chicken mixture. Grate the parmesan over the top and finish with parsley, if desired.
- 8 (12–14 cups total) servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving (about 1 ½ cups/375 mL per serving) : Calories 390, Total Fat 4.5 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 58 mg, Sodium 720 mg, Carbohydrate 58 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugars 12 g, Added Sugars 0 g, Protein 30 g